This Convention is being held to elect SD 50 Republican Executive Committee officers, State Central delegates and alternates, and to make changes to the constitution and by-laws. While delegates and alternates are needed to vote, all are welcome to attend. The Convention is a great place to meet other Republicans as well as become involved in local politics. Anyone, not just delegates and alternates, can be voted into an Executive Officer position. The Executive Committee meets monthly and recruits candidates, spreads the Republican message locally, and engages voters to vote Republican. All positions are open for election for the two-year term.
Executive Officer positions include:
- Co-Chair, House District 50A and House District 50B
- Deputy Chair, House District 50A and House District 50B
- 10 Vice-Chairs, 5 from House District 50A and 5 from House District 50B
If you are interested in running for an Executive Officer position, please respond to this email indicating which position is of interest. Please include your name, address, phone number, and email.
1. Ratification of the SD50 Republican Committee Constitution and ByLaws.
3. Election of Basic Political Organizational Unit (BPOU) Executive Committee (SD50-EC) Officers: More at bottom seeking to run for executive committee
2 Co-Chairs (1 A & 1 B Side)
2 Deputy Chairs (1 A & 1 B Side)
Vice Chairs (10 Total, 5 from HD50A & 5 from HD50B Side) Total – 16 positions
2. Election of delegates and alternates to the Republican Party of Minnesota State Central Committee: More on bottom seeking to run for executive committee
1 SD50A Delegates, 2 SD50A Alternates
3 SD50B Delegates, 6 SD50B Alternates Total – 12 positions
4. Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention.
We always appreciate the help of Volunteers!
There will be some set up help needed the night before the convention. If you wish to help please arrive at Johnstone Plumbing Supply between 7pm and 9pm Friday, February 8th.
SD50 Executive Committee and State Central Delegate/Alternate Candidates:
You must meet with the Candidate Search Committee if you wish to run for the SD50 Executive Committee or to be a State Central Delegate/Alternate. Interviews by members of the Candidate Search Committee will be conducted the night before, Friday February 8th from 7pm-9pm and between 8am-9am the morning of the convention.
Bylaws and Constitution Changes:
If you wish to submit changes for the By Laws and Constitution they must be submitted to email@example.com no later than Friday, Feburary 8th.
All our work is done by volunteers like you! If you have some skills, talents or just want to help in other ways please let us know. We can always use more help with…
- Website Development: HTML
- Communications: Email, Social Media
- Event Planning
- Parade Walkers
- Precinct Building
- Caucus Convening